Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Readathon

The Great Chicago Read-o-rama is drawing to a close. While I'm probably the only one who refers to it by this title, I know the first few weeks of January keep a lot of people in the warmth of their homes and flipping some pages instead of the facing the ungodly frigidity of Chicago. So far since December I've knocked out:
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
The Favorite Game by Leonard Cohen (yes, that one)
The World According to Garp by John Irving
Let the Dog Drive by David Bowman
Where You Once Belonged
by Kent Haruf
High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
and intend on finishing Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: an Introduction by J.D. Salinger by the end of the week. I don't think that's a bad little list at all, and yes, I am bragging about it.

1 comment:

  1. brag away. while you were reading, i found out i'm getting put in Hair Trigger 32.

    ReplyDelete